Re: [libreplanet-discuss] GFDL with Invariant Sections or other unmodifi

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] GFDL with Invariant Sections or other unmodifiable parts. Was: Final Thesis: H-node
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 22:11:06 +0200

Le 19/05/2013 15:40, Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak a écrit :
>>> How can we get the FSF to recognise this and so change the licence it
>>> uses for its manuals to be a free one?
>> This is one historical point of disagreement between
>> Debian(FSGuidelines)/FSF,
>> and has been highly discussed. Unfortunately...
>>
>> Sometimes opinions are not flexible: you should wait for a good
>> circumstance.
>>
>> This thread and issued document by Michal could emphasize the problem, but
>> you're pleased to find a solution ;)
> The solution is a reasoned debate with the FSF and GNU communities to try and
> convince them why -ND/GNU Verbatim is not a good idea. ;)

*Agree*.

Unfortunately, any debate on what freedom is between persons which aims
freedom
will most likely turn into flamewars ;)

Fortunately, that's immaterial. Just take a look at "Poum" on WikiPedia
and see what
divergences on implementations of an idea has caused... and how today
could be
different if nobody claimed for the only good one.

Note at time capitalism is also turned into an ideology, it immediately
fails too.

Regarding history, the ideology is most often the problem. Humanity as
capable of a reasoned
debate is the next step of its evolution... I expect the last will never
be reached. Or too late.

--
TSFH