Re: [libreplanet-discuss] GFDL with Invariant Sections or other unmodifi

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] GFDL with Invariant Sections or other unmodifiable parts. Was: Final Thesis: H-node
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 14:39:57 +0100

On 19/05/13 14:20, Thomas Harding wrote:
> Le 19/05/2013 14:52, Michael Dorrington a écrit :
[...]
>> How can we get the FSF to recognise this and so change the licence it
>> uses for its manuals to be a free one?
>>

> This is one historical point of disagreement between
> Debian(FSGuidelines)/FSF,
> and has been highly discussed. Unfortunately...

I don't see it is a disagreement between Debian and FSF.  More of a
disagreement between the FSF and itself, as its philosophy and practise
disagree on manuals.  The FSF philosophy says that manuals should be
free but the FSF practise is to distribute non-free manuals.  That's
non-free by the FSF's own measure.

> Sometimes opinions are not flexible: you should wait for a good
> circumstance.

Be sure to point out when the good circumstance occurs. :)

> This thread and issued document by Michal could emphasize the problem, but
> you're pleased to find a solution ;)

I wish that Michał would post his text into the thread so we can discuss it.

Regards,
Mike.

--
FSF member #9429