Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Steam for Linux

From: Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Steam for Linux
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 17:40:40 +0100

Dnia piątek, 9 listopada 2012 o 17:07:38 Mark Holmquist napisał(a):
> > Write free software computer games.
>
> Also, help existing ones that could use the push :)
>
> And of course, *play* free games.

And demand sourcecode to games we play. It worked with some Humble
Indie Bundle games. It worked with some old, old games (Seven Kingdoms
and Warzone 2100 being good examples).

It *can* work with more - especially with business models a'la Humble
Indie Bundle. But we need to be loud.

If we are, together we can make it. Just weeks ago I started being
obnoxiously loud about Jolla Mobile (new mobile company, planning to
release MeeGo-based phones soon) being present on Twitter but not on
libre StatusnNet. Around a week ago they opened an account - and now
we're having meaningful and substantial discussions in the librespace.

tl;dr Being loud and clear on what we want can work.

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania