libredwg

Re: [libredwg] GSoC coding starts

From: Felipe Castro
Subject: Re: [libredwg] GSoC coding starts
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 10:02:41 -0300

Well, here another suggestion for the refactoring:

2- split the "print" functions (for debugging) and move them to the "examples" directory, maybe changing the references from "print" to "dump", just for debugging/testing. I was thinking about writing a program just to dump the "dwg" information to a text file, so that it could be easier do "diff" results and see if something changed when the code is modified, a kind of general test framework. This would bring the benefit of removing the debugging stuff from the library's footprint.

3 - Other "bonus" idea would be the use of "cpp", with the mechanism provided in the amazing macros and ".spec" files that Sanches had created, to make the code automatic creation more explicit, like a first step before the general GCC compilation. But this could be too complicated to do now, just wondering... Benefits? "ctags" would find all the internal functions, they would be written explicitly in the auto-generated code.

I'm working now in generating some more DWG (TM) files, in order to test the reading quality of the library. First step is to acquire some temporary AutoCAD... ;-)