libredwg

Re: [libredwg] hello + contributions

From: Felipe Sanches
Subject: Re: [libredwg] hello + contributions
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:26:11 -0200

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 8:03 PM, Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> wrote:
() Felipe Sanches <address@hidden>
() Thu, 18 Feb 2010 19:30:17 -0200

  all of the commits you listed seem good.

Cool -- i'm glad you like them.

  How do we apply them to our local
  copy in order to push it to master?

That's a good question; i don't know.  I will do some research on Git
workflow patterns and reply later with what i find.  Perhaps someone
else on this mailing list can suggest a method in the meantime?

  What are the other commits you made in your repository?

That's all for now (v1).  You can also see this with:
"git log --format=oneline" (looks familiar, no? :-D).

I think i would like to continue in a support role (janitor,
process refinement, and so on) for a bit and leave the hard work
to the file-format experts.

More precisely, for v2 i would like to arrange for:

 configure --enable-debug

to conditionally compile code to consult an environment variable
at runtime (perhaps LIBREDWG_TRACE[=TRACEFILE]) and set the
logging level and write TRACEFILE as appropriate.

This may be useful for testing as well as debug, so perhaps
the option should be --enable-runtime-trace or similar.  WDYT?

that's great! That's something we've been discussing for some time and that we indeed need. And none of us know how to do it, so your help will be really important!

Thanks,
Felipe "Juca" Sanches

thi