Re: [Libreboot] Full disk encryption on Lenovo X200

From: Tudor SUCIU
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Full disk encryption on Lenovo X200
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 14:57:52 +0200

Hello Duncan,

What I wrote addresses the case when somebody with libreboot on his laptop
wants a single encrypted partition (the "/").
I will not test the grub stuff, with libreboot grub is directly in bios. I
already attached a working grub.cfg (to be put in bios).
So, for me, this guide:
https://libreboot.org/docs/gnulinux/encrypted_trisquel.html
Breaks at "Further partitioning" because an install with encrypted /boot is
not allowed anymore.
In order to obtain what I want - a full disk encrypted - I obviously don't
want to put a /boot partition on the main disk.
If there is no unencrypted /boot the installer does not want to advance. It
gives an error.
So, you have my "hack" guide, that temporarily puts /boot on an external
disk, just before putting it back onto "/".

Hope it helps somebody in the future, I had to install trisquel 3 times
before getting it right.