libreboot-dev

[Libreboot-dev] GM45 suspend - tracked down revision introducing problem

From: Johannes Krampf
Subject: [Libreboot-dev] GM45 suspend - tracked down revision introducing problem
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 11:10:58 +0100

Hello,

(This refers to "GM45: suspend stopped working recently in libreboot.git" in the task list [1].)

I have a T400 with libreboot and did a git bisect to find out in which revision waking up from suspend stopped working.

It is: $ git bisect visualize
commit bd95009839337576c1d7ac6d022228c4ec4248a5
Author: Francis Rowe <address@hidden>
Date:   Mon Jun 15 20:15:36 2015 +0100

    Update coreboot-libre

    Rebase all patches. Remove the ones that are no longer needed.

    More CPU microcode updates were moved to coreboot's 3rdparty
    repository, so there are less blobs for libreboot to delete
    now (because the 3rdparty repository is not checked out in
    libreboot).

    Correct HDA verbs used for T400 (also R400, T500) (patch is in
    coreboot, merged).

I will try to reproduce this with coreboot and do further bisects. In any case, I hope knowing which commit introduced the problem will help in solving the issue.

- Johannes

[1] http://libreboot.org/docs/tasks.html