[libmicrohttpd] Problems building (configuring) under Cygwin

From: Jordan Henderson
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Problems building (configuring) under Cygwin
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 21:45:22 -0500

Hi,

Attempting to configure libmicrohttpd-0.9.33 under the latest Cygwin (CYGWIN_NT-6.1 Jordan-THINK 1.7.27(0.271/5/3) 2013-12-09 11:54 x86_64 Cygwin) I'm getting the error described here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libmicrohttpd/2010-08/msg00013.html

Configure stops telling me that my system doesn't support pthreads.

I saw a later patch that appears to have backed out some of the changes recommended above (described here):

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libmicrohttpd/2011-03/msg00023.html

I attempted to restore the changes recommended here to the new baseline, but I'm still getting the error.

I understand that the error about not supporting pthreads is a false negative and indicates something else.  Before I try to dig in and rediscover what others may be doing here, I thought I'd ask if there is anyone using libmicrohttpd under Cygwin offer any help?

Thanks.

--
----Jordan Henderson

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
  - Jack Handey