libextractor

Re: [libextractor] python bindings

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libextractor] python bindings
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 23:24:17 -0700

To be honest, trying it out myself now, I am also having had problems.  I've
fixed some of those now and there will be a libextractor-python-0.5.4 on the
webpage soon (oh, and LE 0.5.4 will also be out later tonight).

Please let me know if you have any problems with this new version.  It should
be installed after libextractor and work after doing:

$ ./configure --with-extractor=LE-PREFIX --prefix=SOME-PREFIX
$ make
$ make install

You will also need to set

$ export PYTHONPATH=SOME-PREFIX/lib/python2.3/site-packages/

Now, even then the code does not _quite_ work for me (at least not using
python extract.py), but Heiko (who did the original code) seems to have
disappeared and I'm no Python expert, so this is how far I can get it.

Good luck (and please let me know if you find anything specific to fix).

Christian