libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] libcvd cvd/convolution.h cvd/cpu_hacks.hcvd/di...

From: Georg Klein
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] libcvd cvd/convolution.h cvd/cpu_hacks.hcvd/di...
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:00:25 +0100

Edward Rosten wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Gerhard Reitmayr wrote:

Hi guys,

Let me know, if you have any problems with any of these changes. I
will try to fix them ASAP. I am going to use this over the summer
for some Linux/OSX/Win32 cross platform development, hopefully this
will make it stable and useful.

I don't know if this is helpful, but you can link mingw compiled stuff
against normal windows stuff. That's why libCVD supports mingw at the
moment. That said, I ported it, but I didn't do any of the other work
on Windows.

An advantage of using VC2005 is that you can compile in Directshow input stuff; trying to do that in Cygwin is a nightmare. Also, although C libraries and objects can be mixed and matched between the different compilers, the C++ ABIs are incompatible (at least for g++ in cygwin, dunno about MinGW) so I think for windows development there's no option but to use VC.

VC users have learned to put up with opening up the projects file and specifying the include/link paths, so we're par for the course there.