[Libcdio-devel] DVD problems. (Corrected first part)

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] DVD problems. (Corrected first part)
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 18:19:35 +0100

Hi,

i see i sent my last mail with the first part
still under construction.
It should rather have been:

All normal media recognition needs a kind of
pre-test for Current Profile.
CD profiles should then make use of traditional
recognition. Same if profile inquiry fails.

One will have to assess what of the old OS
specific DVD handling is of use. Normally our MMC
knowledge is more modern than what we can expect
in installed OS kernels.

Give me a stub where to examine "DVD-ROM" and
"BD-ROM". Map all other valid non-CD profiles
to the appropriate CDIO_DISC_MODE_*.
Invent new ones which for BD profiles.
(See doc/glossary for profile list.)

Have a nice day :)