Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: DVD problems.

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: DVD problems.
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 05:57:44 -0500

mmc_get_media_changed() should tell one if the media has changed since the
last call. I think a call to set the status is performed initially when
creating a CdIo object.

But there is no code inside the library which is using this to refresh
cached information. In fact, right now doing so would interfere with the
ability of the application to determine if the media has changed. So I guess
I need to cache a boolean media_changed which tracks when the
*application *last
asked about whether media has changed.

So the current thought has been to have a parameter on various calls which
forces specific information to get retrieved from the drive rather than
reused from cached information when it looks like using cached information
would otherwise be okay.

There is nothing in libcdio libraries that currently tries to determine
optical media type. So just write MMC-based code and we'll add that as a
user-visible routine.