Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: Submission of new mmc function for libcdio

From: Frank Endres
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: Submission of new mmc function for libcdio
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 00:41:50 -0100

Hi !

I am still here reading what is said (very interesting), and understand
better now (I had never heard about MMC commands until Wednesday).

I use libcdio only for a few days, and I need some features (functions) to
help media detection for my "own" software (SimpleBurn). I will write them
and propose them for integration into libcdio (like mmc_get_disc_erasable).
I will do my best to code quality functions and associated tests.

For a "mmc_get_disc_information" function ("mmc_get_discmode" could be
confusing with "cdio_get_discmode"), we need to define what information
about the media we need: type (dvd, cd...), content (blank, iso9660, udf,
audio... => maybe we'll need per track content) session state, size,
capacity, 'capabilities' (writable, rewritable) ...

As soon as I have time, I will think about a structure ("disc_information_s"
for example) and associated enumerations and constants.

Have a nice day !

Frank