koha-zebra

Re: [Koha-zebra] Re: [Koha-devel] Perl-ZOOM is a GO!

From: Sebastian Hammer
Subject: Re: [Koha-zebra] Re: [Koha-devel] Perl-ZOOM is a GO!
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:08:31 -0500

Nathan Gray wrote:

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 06:57:03AM -0800, Joshua Ferraro wrote:
With this software release, we're ready for the next phase of
Zebra integration, which will include using the Perl-ZOOM API
to perform OPAC and Cataloging functions on a Zebra database.
If you'd like to get involved in this process, you'll want to
read through the ZOOM-Perl documentation here:

http://search.cpan.org/~mirk/Net-Z3950-ZOOM-1.00/lib/ZOOM.pod

Does that mean that we won't have to run a separate z3950 daemon any
more?  That would be really nice.
Sorry, you still need a daemon. However, note that you can run it on a Unix domain socket (pipe) if you like.

--Sebastian

-kolibrie