koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] premature end of script headers

From: Rick Welykochy
Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] premature end of script headers
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:26:07 +1100

Chris Cormack wrote:

1. Why is the admin login username (to the Intranet) the same as
   the database username? The two should be separate, esp. for
   security reasons.

It isnt, or at least it doesnt need to be. This is just the login to Koha until you set up a librarian and assign them as superuser. The librarians should all be logging in with their own user codes.

I am familiarising myself with the Koha system. One thing I am doing
now requires admin level login. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't
the admin-level login id and password found in the koha.conf file:

database=eesv2pre5
hostname=localhost
user=kohaadmin
pass=qwpoijoiqjdjiojqwd

Are the above 'user' and 'pass' passed on to mysql as authentication
parameters for DBI->connect ($username, $auth) ?

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

The 7 R's of Windows support: retry, restart, reboot, reconfigure,
reinstall, reformat and finally, replace with Linux.