koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Patch for running Koha 2.2.0RC2 in a mod_perl environme

From: Andrés Tarallo
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Patch for running Koha 2.2.0RC2 in a mod_perl environment.
Date: Mon Nov 22 08:14:02 2004

I'll tray to write something; take into account that we are working with SuSE, that the distro makes things very easy to make them work, even when you dont have a deep knowledge of the service.

Andres

Paul POULAIN wrote:

Andrés Tarallo a écrit :

As you might know Ernesto Silva and I have a been running Koha under mod_perl for a while. You get impressive porformance gains. Most of koha works without changes, however sometimes the conection to the database is lost.

We have modified slightly the context.pm module to get rid of this problem. Our instalation is working, but there are some messages in the error_log of apache about a missing conection to the database, however our librarians don't complain anymore about beeing kicked away by koha.

I'll apply & test this patch soon.
What would be really great would be to explain also how to set up apache mod_perl for Koha
(I must say I have absolutly no idea on how to do that...)