js-shield

Contributing file and headers

From: Michael McMahon
Subject: Contributing file and headers
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 12:04:08 -0400

Hi, js-shield project!

I was thinking about about our meeting today and familiarizing myself
with the project.

I liked the suggestion of a CONTRIBUTING.md file.  The basic concept of
a contributing file is to explicitly welcome contributions, outline the
process to make a first issue and pull request to make that process as
easy as possible, highlight easy ways to contribute that involve both
coders and noncoders, and to set expectations.  Here is an example of a
CONTRIBUTING.md that I wrote that targets the GitHub workflow:
https://github.com/TechnologyClassroom/dice-mechanic-sim/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

For Pagure, the process would be similar.  I can draft something up.

I agree that the README file could use some headers to make things
easier to digest.  I would suggest:

## Installation

## About

### Levels of Protection

### Restricting APIs

## Contributing

## License

The Restricting APIs section could be abbreviated to a short bulleted
list with the majority of that content moved into a new file in the
docs/ folder.

Best,
Michael McMahon | Web Developer, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: 4337 2794 C8AD D5CA 8FCF  FA6C D037 59DA B600 E3C0
https://fsf.org | https://gnu.org