jessie-discuss

[Jessie-discuss] Paypal https failure

From: Eric Wong
Subject: [Jessie-discuss] Paypal https failure
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 01:46:49 +0800

The sample code below used to be working perfectly until recently (few
months back?). I am getting the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unknown attribute 2.5.4.5

Funny thing is, other https seem to be working fine.

I am using GCJ 3.4.1, Jessie 1.0.0 with Gnu Crypto CVS dated May 2005.

I have no clue what went wrong. Any help appreciated. TIA!!

Eric

>> Sample code --- test.java

import java.io.*;
import java.net.*;
import java.security.*;

public class test {
    public static void main( String[] args ) throws Exception {
        System.setProperty( "java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
"org.metastatic.jessie" );

        // Path to GCJ compiled libs
        System.load( "/path/libjcrypto.so" ); // GNU Crypto
        System.load( "/path/libjessie.so" );  // Jessie

        Class clazz = Class.forName( "org.metastatic.jessie.provider.Jessie" );
        Security.addProvider( ( Provider )clazz.newInstance() );

        URL url = new URL( "https://www.paypal.com/"; );

        // Ok but produce java.io.IOException: malformed chunk-size
        // URL url = new URL( "https://developer.paypal.com/"; );

        // Perfectly alright
        // URL url = new URL( "https://www.amazon.com/"; );
        // URL url = new URL( "https://adwords.google.com/select/Login"; );

        URLConnection uc = url.openConnection();
        uc.setUseCaches( false );
        uc.setDoOutput( true );
        uc.setDoInput( false );
        uc.setRequestProperty( "Connection", "Close" );

        BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader( new InputStreamReader(
uc.getInputStream() ) );

        String s = "";
        try {
                while ( ( s = in.readLine() ) != null ) {
                    System.out.println( s );
                }
        } catch( EOFException ignore ) {}

        in.close();