jami

Re: [Jami Android - 20221225-01]

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [Jami Android - 20221225-01]
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 21:43:04 -0500

On Mon, 16 Jan 2023 15:58:46 -0800 (PST) Richard wrote:
> In my view, thinking there's no point of keeping records of chats

it is not possible to prevent anyone from keeping records of
chats - that was not exactly my suggestion

the client or server program does not need to store any message
"in-flight" - messages need only be relayed, in real-time to
_online_ subscribers - receivers are free to handle the messages
however they like, including to save them - many clients can
store the history of _received_ messages

> I use chats as a written form of "phone conversation" to conduct business.

i agree - that makes my point well - that is synchronous
communication - once you speak into microphone during a phone
call, it is not possible to delete that message; and no one
would expect it to work that way