Re: [Jailkit-users] is it possible to "sudo su - user" to a jailkit user

From: Marcus
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] is it possible to "sudo su - user" to a jailkit user?
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 18:21:44 -0400

I had a few problems and got it worked out I think:

can't do su - testuser instead i need to omit the dash and just do su testuser

also for some reason (adding and removing users) the user and group ids for the
jail's /etc/passwd were not matching up to those in the real /etc/passwd

Looking at the messages in /var/log/auth.log really helped resolve it. Thanks!
Now I just need to get vim and crontab working and I'll be all set!

ps: jailshell seems to be working great out of the box on an x64 version of
ubuntu 12.04