Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit & FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit & FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:22:05 +0100

Peter Veerman wrote:

> The use of the Configure.ac and the Makefile.in file are probably well
> known to you.. I deleted both Makefile and configure and then ran:
>
> # autoconf259
>
> that creates ./configure
> after which i run configure that creates my Makefile

but the Makefile template Makefile.in already has /etc/jailkit
hardcoded.. Perhaps I am overseeing something..? Can you send me your
makefile?

>> so this is a bit outside the jailkit scope..
>>
> I hope not as it is very important to the functioning of jailkit in an
> freebsd environment. What i would suggest is creating a file in the
> /etc/jailkit dir that contains the links that should be created at
> start-up... and creating a script that can be run at boot in an rc like
> style that recreates these links.....

we should work on a generic infrastructure then.. Perhaps also /proc on
Linux can be mounted by these scripts (although proc can be added to
/etc/fstab to preserve settings after a reboot).

regards,