[Jailkit-users] owner / group problem

From: Teppo Kauppinen
Subject: [Jailkit-users] owner / group problem
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 13:42:37 +0300

I have a small problem with jailkit, it does not recognize owners or groups of files and folders. I can login with SSH, but when I do "ls -l", it shows like

drwxr-xr-x  2 1002 100 48 May  5 10:29 testuser

drwxr-xr-x  2 0 0 792 May  5 10:28 bin
drwxr-xr-x  2 0 0  96 May  5 10:30 dev
drwxr-xr-x  2 0 0 232 May  5 10:28 etc
drwxr-xr-x  3 0 0  72 May  5 10:29 home
drwxr-xr-x  3 0 0 360 May  5 10:28 lib
drwxr-xr-x  3 0 0 648 May  5 10:28 lib64
drwxrwxrwx  2 0 0  48 May  5 10:30 tmp

as you can see, there is no owner or group (well, the numeric ones are there).

What makes this problem annoying, is that I cannot use SCP to transfer files to the server as I get the following error: "Unknown user 1002".

I've tried both JailKit 1.3 and 2.0 and I'm using SuSE10 64bit. I've managed to make it work in SuSE10 32bit version, I had no problems that time. I even tried the same CVS snapshot that works on my laptop (the one where the 32bit SuSE is) but it didn't work either (home directory %s differs from jail home directory %s)

So my questions are:
1. Has any of you guys faced this problem before? Is there a known solution for it?
2. Could it be that jailkit does not work in 64bit SuSE10 although it works in 32bit version?

thanks

.t