Re: How to not get the Cc header in Gnus, on reply to mail

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: How to not get the Cc header in Gnus, on reply to mail
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 00:05:28 +0200

> Another thing, that you (or someone else) might be able
> to figure out: when you (Mr. Likonen) answered my post,
> I got the reply not only in gnu.emacs.gnus, but also as
> *a mail*.

Incidently I read the mailing list as gmane.emacs.gnus.user on Gmane :-)

Some people feel it necessary to send replies to both the list and the
author when replying on mailing lists. Maybe that is what you are
seeing?

(It is less common to email copies of news articles, fortunately.)

I think you can set some header to avoid this (at least from Gnus
users), but I also seem to remember I found some drawback and stopped
using it myself.

I think it was "Mail-Copies-To: never". I wonder what made me comment it
out...

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I skal gå tre skridt væk fra mig                            Adam Sjøgren
  For jeg har fundet en som rammer"                      asjo@koldfront.dk