Re: author of post and signature problems

From: prad
Subject: Re: author of post and signature problems
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 12:10:37 -0800

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> Possibly try doing a delayed post or "unplugged". That might show you if
> its Gnus or the server.

hi richard!
nice to hear from you especially since it was primarily your post on
emacs.help that prompted me to go with gnus!

this isn't a big deal as far as posting since i already know how to
by-pass the problem. i'm just trying to find out what the significance
of gnus-signature-limit variable is. i also have only tried this on
gmane.emacs.gnus.user
gmane.test

i've see some people set it to 500 or do stuff like:
(setq gnus-signature-limit '(200.0 "^------Forward"))
which apparently means that if there are more than 200 lines or there
is that forward line it shouldn't be considered a sig. none of this
worked for me - it's like the line limit of 4.0 is hardwired into gnus. :D

possibly the sig-limit variable is used to handle other people's posted sigs?

the forward matter can particularly be an issue i guess since i like to
introduce forwarded text with a short blurb followed by my sig.

in any case, i'll move on with something else since this is a really fun
software to explore! however, if you or anyone can provide further
insight into the sig-limit variable, it will always be appreciated.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's