Re: Today's articles/mails..

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Today's articles/mails..
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:28:54 +0100

bgmrao@gmail.com writes:

Hi Madhu,

> How do I restrict the article buffer to "today's"/"This week's"
> articles only; and include/exclude dormant/read articles?

I think you mean the summary buffer, right?

,----[ (info "(gnus)Limiting") ]
| `/ t'
|      Ask for a number and then limit the summary buffer to articles
|      older than (or equal to) that number of days
|      (`gnus-summary-limit-to-age').  If given a prefix, limit to
|      articles younger than that number of days.
`----

So in your case, `C-u 7 / t' would limit the current summary to messages
from the last week.

,----[ (info "(gnus)Limiting") ]
`----

,----[ C-h f gnus-summary-limit-to-marks RET ]
| gnus-summary-limit-to-marks is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
| `gnus-sum.el'.
|
| (gnus-summary-limit-to-marks MARKS &optional REVERSE)
|
| Limit the summary buffer to articles that are marked with MARKS (e.g. "DK").
| If REVERSE (the prefix), limit the summary buffer to articles that are
| not marked with MARKS.  MARKS can either be a string of marks or a
| list of marks.
| Returns how many articles were removed.
`----

So `/ m !? RET' would limit to ticked and dormant articles, `C-u / m !?'
would limit to articles not marked ticked and dormant.

To remove the last limitation, use

,----[ (info "(gnus)Limiting") ]
| `/ w'
|      Pop the previous limit off the stack and restore it
|      (`gnus-summary-pop-limit').  If given a prefix, pop all limits off
|      the stack.
`----

HTH,
Tassilo