Re: w3m display buffer

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: w3m display buffer
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:47:37 -0000

Sebastien, thank you for your patience.

I will bring this subject up in another more appropriate forum

Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:

> Emacs/W3 has nothing to do with Emacs-w3m...

Yes, that's what I suspected. I have emacs-w3m and w3m installed, and
directions that apply instead to W3 simply get me into trouble.

>> In any case, it opens the source FS, but no buffer holds the w3(m) output.
>
> Install w3m from Cygwin, if under Windows, and have a look at section 54 of
> http://www.mygooglest.com/fni/dot-emacs.html for a working example.

I have w3m and emacs-w3m installed, but the .emacs init file example
left me very uncertain. First, it introduces something called GNUEmacs,
about which I know nothing. Second, I'm never too clear whether code is
for Windows or for Linux. Third, all to often when Linux code is
introduced, it is accompanied by the word "Error".

Haines Brown