Re: Solution for gnus wide sync

From: Jason Earl
Subject: Re: Solution for gnus wide sync
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:45:19 -0000

On Thu, Sep 02 2010, Paulo J. Matos Paulo J. Matos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently using GNUS widely at home, on the laptop and at
> work. However, annoyingly I don't have any sync setup between gnus
> besides the config file through git and dropbox.
>
> What I would like is to sync
> - the topic setup
> - subscribed newsgroups
> - newsgroup message status (read, expired, etc)
>
> Any tips on how to do this or workarounds to this?
>
> Cheers,

I've got the gnus-home-directory and the gnus-directory customized to

"~/.emacs.d/gnus/"
"~/.emacs.d/gnus/News/"

And then I have ~/.emacs.d/gnus/ stored in a Bazaar repository which I
check out as a bound branch on the individual machines.  Dropbox would
probably be far easier (and mostly automatic).  My experience that if
you keep the files in these directories in sync then things simply work
as you would expect.

Jason