Re: gnus-posting-styles - how to match message with more than N lines ?

From: Sharad Pratap
Subject: Re: gnus-posting-styles - how to match message with more than N lines ?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:44:04 -0000

On Sat, Jul 24 2010, Adam Sjøgren wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 00:49:24 +0530, Sharad wrote:
>
>> I want to set message-cite-reply-above to t for those mail which has
>> more than 20 lines, for this I am not able to find correct
>> `gnus-posting-styles' rule.
>
> That sounds like a thoroughly bad idea - why not cite and trim properly?

This is for those mail (not for News article) that I do need to read,
and reply similar type of text (I use posting-style's body attribute.)

>> I have just put message-lines imaginary function, where I need some
>> real condition to get the desired result.
>
>> (setq gnus-posting-styles
>>       ((message-lines > 20)
>>        (eval (progn
>>                (set (make-local-variable 'message-cite-reply-above)
>>       t)))))
>
> Don't you need to stick a lambda in there somewhere? (Or defun the
> function elsewhere and use it in the posting styles?)

Yes I have tried [1]
 (count-lines (point-min) (point-max))

Did not get result, I was not able to find how guns-posting-style used
from sources, I have assumed guns-posting-style must be used in reply
article's buffer.

Footnotes:
[1]
   (setq gnus-posting-styles