Re: Email I send no longer gets through?

From: Bill
Subject: Re: Email I send no longer gets through?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:45:26 -0000

Talking through it here helped me find and fix the problem.

I used nc localhost 25 and nc localhost 110 to test the tunnel,
looking for errors, but I finally noticed that nc localhost 25
returned a response that sounded more like my local system than my
host.  It then dawned on me: both my local MTA and my tunnel to my
host were looking at port 25.  I changed the tunnel to start on
another port, and I made the same change in smtpmail-smtp-service.
Now everything works!

I don't know why I didn't see that problem before; perhaps Ubuntu
doesn't run a local MTA, at least not on port 25.

Bill