Re: Problems sending mail with ssl on port 465

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: Re: Problems sending mail with ssl on port 465
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:43:05 -0000

On  7 Jun 2010, Torben Knudsen wrote:

[...]

>> Check the settings in the Gnus Server buffer (in Group buffer hit ^).
>> Do the values there correspond to the values in .gnus?
>
> Sorry, but I am not good at this.  Could you please specify what values
> you what me to check and naybee how.  Is it variables.

Ah!

in Gnus' *Group* buffer (where you have your mail folders) hit the ^ key.

that should get you into the *Server* buffer. It will look like this:

     nnfolder:archive} (opened)
     {nnimap:someserver} (opened)
     {nntp:news.gmane.org} (opened)
     {nntp:news.server.somewhere} (opened) (agent)

go to your nnimap:someserver line, and open it for editing with
'e'.

http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_158.html

--
   Bart: You know, the great thing about Sunday school is we're finally
         learning something we can use.