Re: Gnus works `at it is' but isn't that a coincidence?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Gnus works `at it is' but isn't that a coincidence?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:42:46 -0000

On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:01:36 +0100, Uday wrote:

> Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> writes:

>>> The primary method isn't prefixed. The secondary ones are.

>> Prefixed? Huh? In which way?
[...]

> I suppose what he means is that running `M-x gnus' connects to the
> primary method, but giving a prefix argument `C-u M-x gnus' allows you
> to connect to the other methods.  You have to type in the method you
> want to connect to and the group name in the minibuffer.

Actually that wasn't what I meant - I meant whether you qualify
groupnames with "method+server:" or not.

These days I guess the split, and specialness of the primary method,
seem a little outdated, but there you go. At work I use nnnil for the
primary method :-)

  Best regards,

--
 "What looks large from a distance                            Adam Sjøgren
  Close up is never that big"                            asjo@koldfront.dk