: Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: : Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:42:43 -0000

Not long ago I started using tc to get better citation. This works okay.
But just now I got the following when I tried to reply to someone:
    fill-delete-newlines: Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)

It is a combination of ct and the message, because I just tried several
other messages and with those there is no problem replying. What could
be happening here?

My code from .gnus:
    ; In mailing lists the first part should be ignored (like newsgroups)
    (defun dcbl-tc-simple-attribution ()
      "Produce the standard attribution string."
      (let ((date       (assoc "date" tc-strings-list))
            (email      (assoc "email-addr" tc-strings-list))
            (name       (assoc "real-name" tc-strings-list))
            (start-text "")
            (temp))
        (when (not (message-news-p))
          (when (and name
                     (car (split-string (cdr name))))
            (setq temp (capitalize (car (split-string (cdr name)))))
            (message (format "afzender: %s" temp))
            (when temp
              (setq start-text (concat start-text temp ",\n\n")))))
        (if (and (null name)
                 (null email))
            (setq start-text (concat start-text
                                     "Een onbekend persoon schreef:\n\n"))
          (if (null date)
              (setq start-text (concat start-text
                                       (cdr (or name
                                                email))
                                       " schreef:\n\n"))
            (setq start-text (concat start-text
                                     "Op "
                                     (cdr date)
                                     " schreef "
                                     (cdr (or name email))
        start-text))
    (setq message-cite-function 'trivial-cite)
    (setq tc-time-format "%A %e %b %Y %R %Z")
    (setq tc-make-attribution 'dcbl-tc-simple-attribution)

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer