Re: Different versions of Gnus

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Different versions of Gnus
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:58:27 +0100

wahjava@gmail.com (Ashish Shukla आशीष शुक्ल) writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've a question regarding differences between different version of Gnus
> available, and which one is latest ? I can see a version of Gnus
> included in Emacs CVS[1], and another in Gnus CVS[2]. And if possible
> can anyone list some of the major differences between them.
>
> And another question, what is the name of the Gnus I'm running ? The
> version of Gnus is Gnus v5.13. Is it Oort Gnus or No Gnus ?

> [2]  http://quimby.gnus.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gnus/
>
> TiA

I was about to answer and realised I don't know either ....

This question comes up every now and again ....

Running Emacs 23 from CVS now, I do wonder why the Gnus included is not
No Gnus. Maybe its a release branch and so becomes Gnus as opposed to No
Gnus. It's a funny thing with OSS SW - often the namings are done for
"cool" reasons and not practical ones :-;