Re: Immediate deletion of mail

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Immediate deletion of mail
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:09:09 +0100

On Wed, Feb 27 2008, Sebastian Tennant wrote:

> I should have added "without ever having to visit that group."  I want
> the group to act like /dev/null essentially.
[...]
> This arrangement works as it stands.  Each time I quit the summary
> buffer of 'blackhole' any read mail is immediately expired but I don't
> want to read it.  I don't even want to visit the group in the first
> place.

IIRC, expiry only happens on group exit.  Maybe you need to simulate
entering and quitting the group:

(defun rs-gnus-enter-and-quit-group ()
  (interactive)
  (gnus-group-quick-select-group 0 "nnml:blackhole")
  (gnus-summary-exit))

,----[ (info "(gnus)Selecting a Group") ]
`----

> I just want mail split to 'blackhole' to disappear.

How about using `junk' in `nnmail-split-fancy'?

,----[ (info "(gnus)Fancy Mail Splitting") ]
| `junk'
|      If the split is the symbol `junk', then don't save (i.e., delete)
|      this message.  Use with extreme caution.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,