Re: Immediate deletion of mail

From: Sebastian Tennant
Subject: Re: Immediate deletion of mail
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:35:08 +0200

Quoth Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>:
> On Tue, Feb 26 2008, Sebastian Tennant wrote:
>
>> How to immediately delete mail in a particular group?
>
> `B DEL' (`gnus-summary-delete-article') as suggested by Adam is one
> possibility.

I should have added "without ever having to visit that group."  I want
the group to act like /dev/null essentially.

>> I've added the group to gnus-total-expirable-newsgroups and set the
>> expiry period for that group to 'immediate, using
>> nnmail-expiry-wait-function,
>
> I can't parse this.  Better post code.

  ;;; Newsgroups in which mail should expire
  (setq gnus-total-expirable-newsgroups "Gmail\\|moley\\|blackhole")

  ;;; Email pre-expiry period according to group
  (setq nnmail-expiry-wait-function
        (lambda (group)
          (cond ((string= group "Gmail")      90)
                ((string= group "moley")      30)
                ((string= group "blackhole") 'immediate)

This arrangement works as it stands.  Each time I quit the summary
buffer of 'blackhole' any read mail is immediately expired but I don't
want to read it.  I don't even want to visit the group in the first
place.  I just want mail split to 'blackhole' to disappear.

Is this possible?

Sebastian