Re: Separate signature files for email and groups

From: Tobias Brink
Subject: Re: Separate signature files for email and groups
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:49:06 +0100

> Tobias Brink <tobias.brinkNO.SPAM@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi Tobias,
>
>> How about the following?
>>
>> (setq gnus-posting-styles
>>   '(((message-news-p)
>>      (signature "This is my news sig")
>>      )
>>
>>     ((message-mail-p)
>>      (signature "This is my mail sig")
>>      )))
>
> That won't work.  The regexps of posting styles are matched against
> group names.  But you could use those functions to add a signature, too.

I tested it and it worked.  As soon as I started a new e-mail it
attached the signature for mail.  For news see the sig in this post,
it was automatically created.  I'm using Gnus v5.11 with GNU Emacs
22.1.1 if this makes any difference.

Did I misunderstand the requirements of the OP?

HTH, nonetheless,
Tobias

--
NEWS