Re: Separate signature files for email and groups

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Separate signature files for email and groups
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:04:53 +0100

Sam Peterson <skpeterson@nospam.please.ucdavis.edu> writes:

Hi Sam,

>> (setq gnus-posting-styles
>>       `((".*"
>>          (signature-file "~/.my-mail-sig.txt"))
>>         ("^nntp"
>>          (signature "Foo Bar Baz"))))
>>
>> This will use the text of the file ~/.my-mail-sig.txt for every
>> posting, except it's in a group starting with nntp (= newsgroup).
>> There it will use the string "Foo Bar Baz" as signature.
>
> Actually, I take that back...this *seemed* like it worked, but it
> stopped working mysteriously, I think I may have got my wires crossed.
> "^nntp" pattern doesn't seem to match any newsgroups unfortunately.

Ah, sorry.  I use nnnil as gnus-select-method and add all news and mail
servers as gnus-secondary-select-methods.  Those do always have a
backend+name prefix, but the one and only gnus-select-method doesn't.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
In an average living room there are 1,242 objects RMS could use to write
an OS, including the room itself.