Re: re-specifying ~/News and ~/Mail

From: Pablo Sanchez
Subject: Re: re-specifying ~/News and ~/Mail
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:33:57 -0500

Martin Geisler <mg@daimi.au.dk> writes:

> Pablo Sanchez <dev.null@blueoakdb.com> writes:
>
> Hi Pablo

Hi Martin,

> I think you want to change either this variable:

Once again, thank you for the information.  It got me going in the
right direction.  In order to affect this change, I had to make the
following changes:

   (setq gnus-home-directory         "~/.gnus.d")
   (setq gnus-startup-file           (concat gnus-home-directory ".newsrc"))
   (setq gnus-cache-directory        (concat gnus-home-directory "/cache"))
   (setq message-directory           (concat gnus-home-directory "/Mail"))
   (setq gnus-directory              (concat gnus-home-directory "/News"))
   (setq gnus-agent-directory        (concat gnus-directory      "/agent"))
   (setq message-auto-save-directory (concat message-directory   "/drafts"))

By doing the above, all the gnus files and directories are placed in
~/gnus.d:

    ~/gnus.d/
       .newsrc
       Mail/
          +--- drafts/
       News/
          +--- agent/
          +--- drafts/

Now my top-level directory remains tidy.  I suppose I should get to
work now.  :p

Cheers,
--
pablo