Re: Do not let spam-trap go hungry! Your (normal) posts may help! :-)

From: Andrzej Adam Filip
Subject: Re: Do not let spam-trap go hungry! Your (normal) posts may help! :-)
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 18:45:29 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:39:20 +0100 Andrzej Adam Filip <anfi@onet.eu> wrote:
>
> AAF> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>>> If your generator is better (more random) than the built-in one and
>>> doesn't overlap, I'd love to see it.
>
> AAF> I personally use external (perl) script that gets message-unique-id via
> AAF> its command line parameters. I think it would be gross overkill for
> AAF> *most* users of gnus.
>
> I speak Perl.  I'm interested.  Please post it.  If the algorithm is
> good, maybe it will benefit everyone.  I assure you my goal is not to
> criticize it.

It is a *trivial* perl script with "random part" based mostly on results
generated by message-unique-id. Anyway it uses (public) data sources and
(simple) techniques  I would prefer not to "advertise" publicly because
they may be *easily* abused by spammers.
For me only Lisp integration was challenging.

P.S.
Take a look at message-id-s of my posts to get an idea what it does :-)

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl
The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late