Re: What's NOV? Should gnus-nov-is-evil be set to t?

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: What's NOV? Should gnus-nov-is-evil be set to t?
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:17:47 +0900

> Allan Gottlieb writes:
>> Here, however, is a slightly edited version of the first part
>> that may be slightly more clear.
>>
>> `gnus-nov-is-evil'
>>      This one must _always_ be `nil' (which is the default).

> I assume that should be "This variable is obsolete, it should
> always be nil (which is the default)."  Otherwise, what's the
> point of a variable which should never be changed?

Thanks for pointing it out.  However, I overlooked that nnkiboze.el,
nnslashdot.el, nnultimate.el, and nnwfm.el don't have their own
nn*-nov-is-evil.  So, maybe we should introduce them and mention
in the `Back End Interface' Info section that every back end should
provide it.  Otherwise, what we should do may be to maintain those
back ends so as to always work well with NOV.  I vote to the later.

Regards,