Re: C-c C-f is not bound in Article buffer

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: C-c C-f is not bound in Article buffer
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:58:11 +0900

> The key binding C-c C-f to the command `gnus-summary-mail-forward' is
> not available in the Article buffer. I wonder if this is a bug.

I'm not sure it is a bug, but `gnus-summary-mail-forward' seems
to have been designed for invoking in the summary buffer, not in
the article buffer (even if currently it looks possible to run
from the article buffer).  Actually the `S o m' command which is
typed in the article buffer runs `gnus-summary-mail-forward' in
the summary buffer.  However, the way that the `S o m' command
uses cannot be applied to the `C-c C-f' command[1].  That might
be the reason it hasn't been provided so far.

An easy way to achieve it is:

But this will become unusable if the key sequence `S o m' in
`gnus-summary-mode-map' is changed in the future (or by a user).
Another way is:

But it looks to me superfluous.  I don't think both are very good.
If anything, isn't it better to get used to the commands beginning
with S? ;-)

[1]
Gnus provides the `gnus-article-read-summary-keys' function for
the summary commands in which each of command is assigned to two
or more keys.  For instance, the `S' key in the article buffer is
bound to it.  If a user types `S o m' in the article buffer, Gnus
moves to the summary buffer that is associated with the article
buffer at the time when the `S' key is pressed.  And then it
reads remaining keys, looks up the summary command which is bound
to that key sequence, and invokes the command.  The reason this
way cannot be used for the `C-c C-f' keys is that the `C-c' key
is a prefix command, which is used with some commands that are
not the summary commands, so it cannot be bound to `g-a-r-s-k'.