Reversing Select Methods

From: Kenneth Jacker
Subject: Reversing Select Methods
Date: 16 Aug 2004 07:45:39 -0400

For years I've used the following "select methods" setup:

    (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.machine.org")

          gnus-secondary-select-methods
          '((nnml ""
            (setq nnml-get-new-mail    nil)
            ... ...
            )))

Since I have *many* more mail (nnml) groups than news (nntp), I
thought I'd reverse the order on my new machine.

I tried this, but it didn't work (plus it doesn't include the nnml
"options"):

    (setq gnus-select-method '(nnml "")

          gnus-secondary-select-methods
          '((nntp "news.machine.org")))

Is it possible to do this?  If so, I'd appreciate any suggestions on
the correct coding.

Thanks,

--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj@cs.appstate.edu