Re: Changing the citation style

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: Re: Changing the citation style
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:03:23 +0200

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 14:36:35 +0200 Rasmus Villemoes wrote:

Rasmus> I guess the string "The-poster <his/her email-address>" is simply
Rasmus> taken from the "From:"-header, and then the string " writes:" is added
by
Rasmus> some lisp-function. Is this hardwired into Gnus, or is it possible to
Rasmus> configure?

See supercite, i.e.
,----[ C-h v sc-rewrite-header-list RET ]
| sc-rewrite-header-list's value is shown below.
|
| Documentation:
| *List of reference header rewrite functions.
| The variable `sc-preferred-header-style' controls which function in
| this list is chosen for automatic reference header insertions.
| Electric reference mode will cycle through this list of functions.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| Defined in `supercite'.
|
| Value:
| ((sc-no-header)
|  (sc-no-blank-line-or-header)
|  (sc-header-inarticle-wrote)
|  (sc-header-verbose)
|  (sc-header-on-said)
|  (sc-header-attributed-wrote)
|  (sc-header-author-wrote)
|  (sc-header-on-author-wrote)
|  (sc-header-am-schrieb-author)
|  (sc-header-author-schrieb-am))
`----

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)