Re: bogofilter behavior

From: Matthias Andree
Subject: Re: bogofilter behavior
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 09:27:53 +0200

> For your amatuer detective needs : )...
> I am subscribed but my messages .. (2 now) have never been posted.  (Its
> been 2days now).  I've seen no traffic in those days.  That qualifies
> for `pretty dead' to me.

See my other post. I have checked the list moderator section and found
no posts of yours that I would need to approve of. Can you mail me your
subscriber address off-list and, if you have, the queue ID of the 250 Ok
response of the bogofilter.org mail server? It should be in your
maillog. I've set Followup-To: poster for your convenience.

> I've not hooked it up inside gnus since I'm thinking of dropping
> bogofilter in favor of Spamassassins built in bayes stuff.
>
> Do you have any comments as to the pros or cons of either?

SpamAssassin's Bayes stuff is way slow. I don't like it and have
therefore set "use_bayes 0" (without quote marks) in
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

If you don't like bogofilter, you can try out SpamProbe if you like that
better, it's also hosted on SourceForge and is also a decent piece of
software.

HTH,

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)