info-gnu-chess

Re: conspiring to do chess programs

From: R. D. Flowers, Chattanooga TN USA
Subject: Re: conspiring to do chess programs
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 17:49:21 +0000

Aha ! Actual, nonspam CONTENT here !!

I'll look at your project.

I also suggest you look at my project on sourceforge, ch0, with a view to possibly us conspiring.

I don't have the gnu-compatibility features at all, BUT, it does play itself including en passant, promotion ( to QRNB ), correct castling (including the travel-over-check constraint), and (I think) the 50-move rule. It doesn't deal with the 3-repetition rule yet.

It used to do king swaps, but if I recall correctly I solved that.

It was designed to display using the Turbo C equivalent to curses, in order to be tolerably informative but machine efficient.