[igraph] "Community detection", minimizing modularity (bipartite graphs)

From: Elena Tea Russo
Subject: [igraph] "Community detection", minimizing modularity (bipartite graphs)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 16:31:06 +0200

Hello everybody.

I'm working with igraph C library and I was searching for community detection routines. I've found Neumann's algorithm for optimizing modularity (such as igraph_community_fastgreedy or igraph_community_leading_eigenvector), both based on Neumann's work;

however, in his article (MEJ Newman: Finding community structure in networks using the eigenvectors of matrices, Phys Rev E 74:036104 (2006).) he also proposed to use Modularity's Minimization (instead of its Maximization) to find some particular structure such as quasi-bipartite graphs in the original graph. Is there some function for this, or some way to convert igraph's modularity maximization algorithms in order to do that?

Thank you :)
Have a nice day!

Elena

Elena Tea RUSSO - address@hidden