[igraph] rewire vs. degree.sequence.game

From: Chris Watson
Subject: [igraph] rewire vs. degree.sequence.game
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 15:08:37 -0400

Hello,
I was wondering how different the functions 'rewire' and 'degree.sequence.game' are. In some data I'm using, degree.sequence.game takes prohibitively long to find a solution (I use the option 'simple.no.multiple'; I cannot use 'vl' because the graph in question is unconnected). Would there be a problem with calling rewire with, e.g. 1e4 iterations?

Thanks,
Chris