Re: [igraph] PageRank implementations give vastly different results

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] PageRank implementations give vastly different results
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 22:26:53 +0200

Hi,

This could be a bug in at least two of the three implementations ;) We cannot
tell for sure, but if you send me a small(ish) graph for which you think PRPACK
is wrong, I’ll try to investigate.

FWIW, we’ve had convergence problems with ARPACK in the past so that’s one of
the reasons why we switched to PRPACK (the other one was efficiency). However,
it could be the case that there’s either a bug in PRPACK or in the glue code
between igraph and PRPACK, so it’s definitely worth a closer look.

All the best,