[igraph] maximal.cliques returns duplicates

From: Tony Larson
Subject: [igraph] maximal.cliques returns duplicates
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 15:00:14 +0000

Hi,
I am using igraph 0.6.2 on R. When I use maximal.cliques() to get a list of complete subgraphs back, several have partly duplicated values, e.g

[1] 1 2 3 4 5
[2] 1 2 3 4 5 7 8
[3] 1 2 3 4 5 6

If all vertices in each listing are completely connected, then why in the example above don't I get  single list entry for indices 1:8? Why do I get 3? How can I merge these into one list item?

Thanks
Tony