Re: [igraph] Problems installing igraph with R 3.0 in Ubuntu 12.10

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Problems installing igraph with R 3.0 in Ubuntu 12.10
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:48:22 -0500

The undefined symbol is coming from the standard c++ library, so maybe
you don't have that installed? Strange, because I would assume that
installing g++ installs that, too. Anyway, please check that you have
that installed. You can query the compiler version that was used to
build R with

R CMD config CC
R CMD config CXX

Then install the corresponding C++ library (dev files). E.g. if your
gcc version is 4.7, then install the libstdc++6-4.7-dev ubuntu
package. If R CMD config does not print a version number, only 'gcc
blah-blah', then do gcc --version and that will print a version
number.

I hope this helps, let me know if not, and I'll try it on ubuntu 12.10.

Best,
Gabor